Saturday, September 12, 2009


Look what I just brought home. This beautiful, maple bowl handmade on a lathe by my sister's boyfriend is for Meiying's foster parents! Isn't that wonderful! I loved how Dave signed with "USA" too. He was very proud of that and posted to his wood-working group that he was sending this bowl to China! He wants me to take a picture of it in China...I'll have to find some creative setting for it. Thank you so much Dave. It's an amazing piece of art and this was so generous! I only wish I could be there when it's presented to the foster parents.


4 comments:

babyarnie said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!! He is talented. What a great idea for a gift!! And I too LOVE the USA on it. I think they will too.

The Montieth Family said...

It's beautiful and I am sure will be cherished! :)

Tiffany said...

That is a beautiful work of art!

Truly Blessed said...

Lovely! I think you should take it with you on ALL of your travels and haul it out for photos -- like Flat Stanley! On the Great Wall, in the Forbidden City, in Tiananmen Square, etc....

It's beautiful.